The Sterling Sessions
My parents introduced me to a lot of reggae growing up, every Sunday, David Rodigan's BBC's session would echo throughout my house. Reggae is the music of healing!
During my daughter's ICU stay at Advocate Children's Hospital, her wonderful music therapist remixed/parodied some of my favourite reggae songs, with lyrics that I remixed myself. Enjoy!
Speak Softly Sterling
Fun fact: my daughter was born to this song, and album!
🎵 Speak Softly Sterling, so no-one hears you cry
The kisses we give today, you cannot buy
And all our lives we'll spend with you
Mommy's and daddy's dream came true 🎵
You’ve Made Us So Very Happy
Fun fact: The beats in the song are all of our heart beats. The music therapist used an awesome stethoscope that had an mp3 recorder built into it and was able to record our heart beats, and used GarageBand to put it all together! Bravo!
🎵 Some days were really blue
But when it came to loving you, now
I'd spend my whole life with you, Sterl
'Cos you came and you took control
You touched my very soul 🎵
Pretty Pretty Blue Eyes
Fun fact: the beat is made solely from one of Sterling's heart beats.
🎵 I wanna love you, hold you tight and squeeze you all night
Ooo my blue eyes, believe me when I say
I can’t believe you’re mine 🎵
Other albums Sterling vibed to!
Fun Fact: I've slowly collected vinyls of all the songs I played to Sterling, they're hung proudly around my house.
- Lacksley Castell - Morning Glory
- Barrington Levy - Poor Man Style
- Sammy Dread - Wrap Up A Draw
- Jnr Delgado - Taste Of A Young Heart
- Junjo Presents The World Cup
- Wayne Jarrett - Showcase Vol 1
- Johnny Osbourne - Never Stop Fighting
- The Paragons - On The Beach
- In The Land Of Reggae Vol 2
- Jonnie Clark - Girl I Love You
- Sammy Dread - Think Constructively
- Johnny Osbourne - Warrior
- Eek-a-Mouse - Wa-Do-Dem
- Gadfrey Lewis – Let The Message Play
= not yet purchased